A Sister's Note
[NOTE: The following message has been taken from a received e-mail and does not reflect the opinions of Sauntering.]
You latest blog entry has scared me. I am concerned that I am going to stick out like a sore thumb. I have composed a list of reasons Portland is probably not the place for me:
-Our parents named me Thea. Which is one syllable and Greek. Unusual yes…but I grew up resenting the uniqueness and hating the fact that some people think I am black before they meet me.
- ROYGBIV is the system in which I code my designer clothes…NOT my hair.
- Instruments are hair tools like straightening irons and curlers…not guitars.
- You want to play an instrument (I want to sing but being tone deaf has certainly put a damper on that plan…)
- You are too broke to afford an instrument or the lessons it requires-WELL here is the silver lining. Since we just lost my account I may very well fall into this category soon enough. Although I doubt it’s the instrument I will regret not being able to afford…
- A stud is your nose ring and not Zack Morris from Saved by the Bell-Um ewwww Nose rings. Now Zack Morris I can fully get behind.
- Have I mentioned before my hatred of Vegan’s. Second place hatred goes to Vegetarians. Please don’t introduce me to said Vegans. We won’t be friends and I am now contemplating bringing a fur coat to prove my point!
- I like coffee but not that much. A cig is for vodka or prosecco…and then I usually want to shoot myself in the AM when I smell like an ashtray.
- I will be jaunting to California directly from Portland. I guess this isn’t a plan I should tell people. I love LA but mostly…this list has made me realize you can take the girl out of NY, but you can’t take the NY outta the girl…
[Eagerly awaiting the visit of this girl come Sunday, July 5th.]