4 months... seriously?
Is it really May already?!!! In just 10 days time I will have been here in Oz for 4 months. I really can't believe it's been that long.
So much has happened that it feels like 4 decades since I arrived but equally time has really flown.
I have to admit though the transition has been made 1000 times easier by my good buddy and work-a-holic flat mate Leela. I don't see her much during the week due to her incessant working but weekends are always full of fun and long blithering talks over bottles of wine, occasionally interupted by the arrival of her boyfriend which only increases the wine and food consumption (he is an amazing chef) and the longevity and quality of the blithering-ness :oD
It all certainly helps to pass the time.
OK... so updates since last time...
1. Ayres Rock trip is booked for the end of the month([url]http://www.wayoutback.com.au/ayers-rock-tour.php[/url])
2. I hadn't made a decision to definitely do the Indian Pacific railway for my birthday, I was still weighing up my options. However, whilst happily sitting on my sofa on Sunday night watching The Great Outdoors Show they advertised an offer for 30% off for the first 100 callers... needless to say I took that as a sign from the TV gods and promptly picked up the phone. After about 40minutes on hold (which will probably turn out to be the equivalent of 30% off the trip price) I got through and I booked my trip, saving myself the equivalent of about 300 quid (sorry no pound signs on this keyboard!) :) So now I'm looking into tours I can do from Perth before the train journey. But my 30th will be spent in enforced lethargy (my perfect state) with my camera at the ready, a good book (or two) and most probably a bottle of champers to celebrate... bliss!!!
3. This is going to sound a little weird but for years I've wanted to do a car maintenance course. Well, last week a course schedule for a local community college was put through our post box and guess what??? They had a car maintenance course :) So I may be doing that in a week's time. So in a land where if you are a girl and can drive a manual car you get much kudos I reckon I'm going to have blokes breaking down my door!!
4. My internet at home isn't working again... no idea why. Hoping to sort it out this evening with the ISP.
5. I'm going on a Microsoft Business Intelligence course next week (have I told you this already??). OK so it's Microsoft, we can't have everything but the course is paid for and as a contractor that's unheard of, so I'm ecstatic. Here's a link for those who are inclined to be interested in this kind of thing: [url]http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/Events/2008BICourse/Default.aspx[/url]
6. Klaudia (one of my polish mates) is returning to Poland... I'm gutted. She's lovely and will be missed.
7. Still loving Salsa and can now do my turns :)
8. Melbourne this weekend with Emma... we're going to head to Philip Island for the day on Saturday to watch the Penguin Parade at sunset. Photography isn't allowed as apparently even flash-less photography scares the penguins [url]http://www.visitphillipisland.com/AttractionsDetail.asp?ID=11[/url]
The other exciting Melbourne activity planned is meeting up with my mate Kam who I haven't seen since my final year in Sheffield!!! 9 years... 9 YEARS since I graduated... now that is scary.
Erm, think that's about it really... mind you it's enough!! I'm totally skint now and I've not done anything yet!!! May is shaping up to be a busy, expensive and very exciting month. Can't wait till June when I can have a rest... oooo but hold on what are those other courses in that brochure........